Monday, September 7, 2009

My "history" w/ Disney...

The other night my family was playing a quickie version of Disney's Scene It before bed...it was our own Blitz rules version and we started adding in Bonus Questions to get around the board quicker...when the Bonus Question came up..."what are Daddy's two all-time favorite animated Disney movies?" (btw the answer is Alice in Wonderland and Fantasia) and that got me to thinking about moments in my life where Disney has been part of my history or I was part of a bit of Disney history...

so here you go:

The 2nd official date that my husband & I went on, when we officially began dating was Aladdin (April, 1993)

I was working for the Disney Co when The Lion King came out in the theatres (Summer of 1995)

I was not quite 1 1/2 when the Space Mountain Attraction opened (January 15, 1975) and my Parents w/ my older sister went to WDW for the first time, I stayed home w/ grandparents.

My first trip to WDW was in the summer of the 1985, I was almost 11 yrs old. (I have since been 6 times), and I have been Disneyland once in the summer of 1988 and rode the original Star Tours there.

I remember seeing both the original Tiki Bird room (before it went under new management) and Pirates of Caribbean when the Pirates chased the ladies (or wenches).... in the Magic Kingdom.

And in Tomorrowland, I have rode on both the WED-way people mover (1985) and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and endured the orginal ExtraTERRO-Restrial Alien Encounter (circa August 1995)

I celebrated my 21st birthday at Pleasure Island in WDW at in the now gone 8-Trax is where I ordered my first drink (I think a strawberry daiquiri)...(August 30, 1995)

Some other long gone Magic Kingdom attractions that I remember going on as a child and adult were...the Skyway across Fanstlyland, Mr. Toads's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride. (circa 1985 & 1998)

The first movie we took our then 2 1/2 yr old twins to was Disney's PIXAR Monsters Inc. We still have our, Mike, Sully, and Boo plush/doll (circa 2001)

We were on a plane for a WDW vacation w/ our twins and my parents when we were forced to land in Indianapolis Indiana on September 11, 2001.

We were vacationing at WDW on May 5, 2005 when Soarin' opened in EPCOT, though we didn't ride till our trip in 2008.

At EPCOT, I remember The World of Motion (now the Test Track Pavilion) was my favorite part of Epcot when I was a kid (1985), I also remember the original Journey Into Imagination w/ Dreamfinder and Figment.

I vacationed at Epcot when it was known as EPCOT Center (1985), Epcot '94 and Epcot '95 and now just the current name Epcot....

I remember falling and scraping my knee during our 1985 family trip, and you can see me looking at my wound in a picture of my Mom in the UK pavilion in a red phone booth.

It wasn't till I came home from our 1998 trip, did I realize I was pregnant for the first time.

I remember when Disney Hollywood Studios was MGM Studios...

The first parade I saw at a WDW park (besides walking out during DL's "Spectro" was MGM Studios Aladdin and Friends Parade. (1994)

I owned and wore the classic YELLOW Mickey rain poncho. (1995)

I saw the Sounds Dangerous Starring Drew Carey show in 1998.

I vacationed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park in it's opening year of 1998.

We saw the fully walking Audio-Animatronic baby brontosaurus, Lucky during our trip in May of 2005 (at AK).

We bought a piece of the magic (DVC purchase of Disney's Bay Lake Tower) during our March 2009 trip.


well that is a little of my history w/ Disney and I'm sure there is more to come....

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment