Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February recap and March on

Here is a quick recap of how the last month went in terms of my "Pinterest" goals

a look at my calendar page as the month began


and how the month progressed into my Sick-bruary BOO!


somehow I did have some energy midway through the month to get a few things done, like SCRAPPING! whoo-hoo and create a cute Valentines table for my family.

the last week of February proved creative as I looked over some Magic Monday and Fix-it-Friday goals I had not met. I also went thru my Pinterest boards and set up some new goals!



These early days of March have shown at least my creative mind is healing ;-) if not this lingering cough and congestion.

Here's a wrap up of some projects I have caught up with and given me the boost I needed despite the SNOW, Chicago is finally decided to dump on us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAGIC Monday: Bored Can

inspiration found here: shabbybeachnest.com -im-bored-jar and thehappyhousewife.com im-bored-activity-cards

Since I couldn't find my stash of wooden craft sticks I just printed out the list from the happy house wife. Cut them out, wrote a few notes on some and eliminated a few ideas, like make mud pies (sorry I'm just not that mom) laminated and trimmed them into smaller rectangles



took a tin can from my up cycle stash and this is what I came up with:


the labels I created on the Martha Stewart card making app; printed, laminated, cut and attached them to the can. There is an up cycled package ribbon tied around the can too, that you can quite see in the pictures.



The can has a new "home" in our kitchen/family room area and has already seen some use. This is my son Nate picking from jar today and laughing at his pick "Water gun fight" as we are having a SNOW day.

_____________________________________________________________________________

MAGIC Monday: Disney inspired paper dolls

Sorry I don't have any pre production photos, I accidentally deleted them off my camera whoops! However I found this image while I was browsing Pinterest. The PIN doesn't work, but I was able to just save the image to my pictures and print two copies off my printer.




After I printed them, I cut them cut and secured each princess together with adhesive, laminated and trimmed them out. But then I was stuck, how do you play with them? How do they stand up?

My original thought was Popsicle sticks, or a plastic straw, none of which I had enough of and was determined not to purchase anything for these Magic Monday Projects. I then saw this on Pinterest:



LIGHT BULB! that will work...



___________________________________________________________________________

Fix-it-Friday (or on a Tuesday Snow day)

Scarf hanger

Do you have a collection of fashion scarves? I do and this how it looked before in my closet:



all piled around a hanger


so now armed with that hanger and a box of shower clips
 (which I found in my linen closer re-organization)

I now have this:


sweet, easy and a no cost fix it!


--------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking ahead for the rest of March, I hope to work on some deep cleaning fix it's in the kitchen and bathrooms, plus add some St. Patrick Irish cheer to our home as we move toward my favorite Holiday of the year!

Hope I inspired you and thanks for reading,  Julie 

No comments:

Post a Comment