Some plan for a wedding 12 months away or planning for a baby 10-9 months away or plan for graduating High School and starting College over a yr away....so why not PLAN for a Disney Vacation.....
And with any good well thought out plan you need a list, goals, things to accomplish and do over this long planning period....not just to fill the time but help make a great trip and well frankly...I am one who agrees Planning for Disney trips is half the fun!
Scrappie's 1-year away to a WDW trip PLAN
* Decide on a Date: check Nov. 2010
* Reason for Going: Girls Birthdays and Thanksgiving
* Choose a Theme: Let's Give Thanks and Celebrate...Disney Style
* Choose where to Stay: check DVC Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort
* Clean out planning Binder and prepare new Planning pages (passport prices, ADR wish list and planning sheet, daily itinerary sheets, park must do sheets, etc): check and in progress
* Start compiling planning data (menus, special events, last yr's park hours and entertainment schedules to use as reference for later, crowd calendars, etc): in progress
* Start preliminary LISTS, also includes updates to old lists (packing, food for room/kitchen, clothes & items already bought for trip, things to buy for trip, every one's TOP 5 picks, etc): in progress
* Make room RESSIE:
* Research and Decide Park Passes: research in progress should purchase before 8-10
* Research and Decide on Dinning Plan: research in progress can purchase up to week before trip for DVC stay
* Prepare a Trip Budget how much money it will cost: check on guesstimate plan
* Research Airfare (cost, flights, carrier): haven't done much here yet, though know like to fly SouthWest again
* Make ADR's (180 days out): 5-10
* Book/Buy any special ticket events or children's programs (i.e. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Bibbidi, Bibbidi Boutique, Pirate's League, etc):
* Do a Pre-Trip Planning Report (on Disboards):
* Make a master and daily itineraries:
*Start on any special projects/crafts for trip (i.e. countdown calendar, autograph books, Michael special guidebook, etc):
* Finalize above lists:
Ok I'm sure there are some more miscellaneous details I have not mentioned....but it's fun to see my ticker counting down to get ready for allot of FUN planning to be done for our next Wonderful Disney Adventure...hope you will join me!