Friday, March 14, 2014

40 bags in 40 days UPDATE

I'm doing the 40 bags in 40 days challenge: see more info here
 
 
This is my first update since I began on the starting day of Wednesday March 5th
 


So far so good, I even got ahead of myself!
I didn't think to take progress pictures of everything leaving the house...but I will try to from now on.
Over the course of the last 9 days in the challenge.

1)  I have cleared out small and winter dresses from my girls' closet- some went into storage and some donated.



2-3) sorted through old and current baby/toddler toys and equipment - a huge pile went to our church's new satelite location, and some broken items were pitched.

4) finished cleaning up and sorting out my son's closet. We pitched, donated, and packed up a few mementoes to be saved.



5) I worked through the existing piles in the basement for donation, garbage, and storage ( mainly clothes for my youngest)

6) went through toys that were stored and decided on what really needed to be kept for sentimental purposes.

7-8) computer files and photos were condensed, trashed, and re organized

9) today's task was kids school papers, which were overflowing and piling up in various spots.

I pulled them all out and put in one spot



Then sorted through to a keep pile and a recycle pile. The keep pile will definitely get another once through before the end of the year.





No comments:

Post a Comment