After the Holiday Rush, festivities and decorations have come down (not that everything has been put away yet...) I finally found the time to clean up and get scrapping again and preserving Magical Memories!
* I started and finished up through our last Disney trip, the time line book of my husband and I in front of the NYC backdrop at Hollywood Studios (previous post)
* I received my first official JMM order and am awaiting a shipment of chipboard books to begin.
* I scrapbooked a mini 8 x 8 album of our last trip to WDW in March of 2009. Now this is actually one of two books I created for this past trip. Our 2008 trip became a HUGE bursting scrap-album full of every park, event and story from that trip...in the process of planning our '09 trip (which was a last minute under 60 days planning adventure), I pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD and was intrigued my the digital Photobook you could make from your pictures...I thought this might be fun and since I just did the HUGE scrapbook and it was a bounce back trip, I'd try this out. (Which I did do and I love it, minus some typos...whoops)
I have been meaning to then do a small quick scrapbook though still of the trip and had picked out some of our very favorite pictures from the trip earlier last summer and well finally had the time over last weekend to put it together in a little album I have had for over a yr that someone gave me.
It is a side-page loading album with 10 double sided pages. I included little mini spreads of the kids enjoying this trip w/ my Dad, my younger girls dressed up as Princesses and taking their royal coach ( a Disney transportation bus) to the Norwegian Castle for breakfast, a character layout, a page about Aldine and Sergio the Italian Juggler (she was picked to be his assistant in his show in World Showcase), our first attempt at a Kim Possible Mission- we saved Germany and some fun pictures from in the Boneyard at Animal Kingdom.
But my favorite spreads are the first page:
We went for my Mother's Birthday ( and over my children's Spring Break from school), I love how child like my Mom looks in the picture I included, having such fun being fawned over by the "Ladies of Main Street" and then the picture of my Dad and Michael on the pre-monorail at the airport...they just look so happy and ready to go for their Disney Adventure!
I also did mini spreads, one for each of my 4 children...picking some of my favorite pictures and moments from the trip and their favorite parts of this latest Disney Memory.
Other things in January included getting reading for our upcoming trip back to WDW later this November to celebrate Mae and Margaret's birthdays plus stay for Thanksgiving and check-out all the Holiday decorations!
* I have been reading and making notes of tips and tricks from the Unofficial Guide to WDW 2010 Ed.
* looking up info about cakes and desserts on the Disboards
* I finally finished reading the Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World (over 600 secrets...), I just to go back through and write a few things for us to look for on this trip...we can't find all 600 in 1 time.
* I looked up the latest Nov. 2010 crowd charts from touring plans w/ my subscription and noted some changes from the '09 chart..I was in the "Disney Zone" that night... :)
well I hope you enjoyed this little update and I will be back w/ any new Magical makes throughout the month of February as well give you an overall Feb update the beginning of March.
Have a Magical Month!